Graveyard themes — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graveyard themes

DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,585Member ✭✭✭✭
Hey guys wondering if anyone has seen any graveyard themes. Without zombies just basic bare wicked trees and tombstones. Thanks 

Comments

• NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,192Member, Moderator El Moderator
    @studebaker Got anything like this?
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,948Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,585Member ✭✭✭✭
    @studebaker awesome thanks. I've looked thru so many of your patterns , you just have so many I must of not made it to it
    @DeviousDips I can fully sympathize with you! With 2000 patterns it's hard to spend that much time looking at them all.

I just did a search for a tombstone. That's the only way I can find stuff too.
  • RedneckrayRedneckray Posts: 218Member ✭✭
    DevonsDips, you have a website for me to see what you have? Thanks
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,585Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Redneckray that was Fractalcamo.com that we was talking about. It's not my site tho. It was Allen's but he recently sold it to graphics Inc. You can still check out the films on there
  • Hydro_Digital_FilmsHydro_Digital_Films Posts: 18Member
    @Redneckray @DeviousDips - Can we print all of Fractal/Allen's designs.
    Think you need to ask Allan
    Yes, @Redneckray He can. All he has to do is buy the patterns from me on my website patterncrew.com

Just like anyone else that wants to print my patterns! You too! When are you getting a printer? :-)
    @Studerbaker, I knew that but wasn't sure, when I get enough money I will get a printer, I am thinking real hard about getting a trailer to have a Mobile Hydro dipping business.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,192Member, Moderator El Moderator

@Studerbaker, I knew that but wasn't sure, when I get enough money I will get a printer, I am thinking real hard about getting a trailer to have a Mobile Hydro dipping business.

OK. Now I am curious. Why would one need a mobile dipping business? I've never seen a mobile auto body shop. Is it too inconvenient for people to bring their parts to you? Not trying to crap on your idea. I am genuinely interested in why this business model would be implemented.

To me, the general timeline of the process seems like it would not lend itself to the mobile platform. Prep, prime, paint, drying, dipping, rinsing, drying, clearing, drying again. All takes a great deal of time and seems like it would work against the traditional idea of "mobile". (quick turnaround, providing a service to many people in a centralized location for their convenience, etc) I don't see dipping as having any of these qualities, to be honest.

I guess I see it like a food truck. Lots of people in a factory need lunch. They will not, or cannot, all go to your restaurant so you bring lunch to them. Burgers and sandwiches are quick to produce on the move in a trailer. A win/win for everyone involved. I can't wrap my head around the combination of the convenience of the trailer and the seemingly long processing time of the process involved.

If I am missing something obvious, please forgive me. It's early on a Monday morning.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I tend to agree. “Mobile” coveys “quick, easy, on the spot function” which is always trouble for this process. ANY time we get something that requires a quick turnaround, I turn it away. Asking for trouble.

But... that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. And I understand the appeal of being successful at something that “can’t be done.” Just because we don’t think it can be done? Doesn’t mean it’s impossible. There are direct to substrate paints that dry very quickly (Low Country, One Hit Wonder) and clears that donthe same. PPG Deltron DC3000 can be sanded/buffed after like 10 minutes in front of IR lamps....
    AM THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX, I HAD AT ONE TIME A mobile PowerCoating trailer and did great with it, all parts had to be prepped when they brought the parts to be coated, but anyhow, I sold that business to a Horse person in Kentucky and hear he is still doing well with it,
    It is just an idea, and I will try it and see where it goes, I am mainly want to do shows and outings and offer the service, I know there is a lot to figure out how to do it all, but not as bad as 1 would think it is,
    I can have everything on board to do it, just time and $$$$$$ to do it. Plus I think it will be a great way to help promote the Hydro dipping, then moree people will know what it is and go to a certain person to have it done .
    I will see. lol.
    @NotSoFast fast, there are mobile bodyshops here in Georgia already and doing well. I went to a local car show and a bike rally, and asked if there was a need for someone to do Dipping on the spot and the responce was overwhelling, so I will see
    When people go to the outings they bring money to spend and if their wife wants something, well we know that they will do it for the wifey," A Happy wife is a Happy Life", lol
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,081Administrator El Jefe
    I have heard of it being done...smaller objects could realistically be done overnight...I don't know if I would try to punch something out in less than a day...

Upside? If you built the trailer or even gutted a mobile home and built it correctly? You avoid many of the building codes and fire ordinances. You could advertise effectively at a show for your business...much better than a "Tent" like everyone else at the show. You would almost certainly get a "prime spot" because of the size of the trailer or mobile home and not in the center aisle with everyone else competing for attention...that MAY cost extra but well worth the spot most of the time...And if you took it on the road? Got your house with you is always nicer than a hotel room. And when you got back home you could always create a route...doesn't mean you have to do it on the spot...you just tell them you will drop it off in a couple of days and pick up some more parts...assuming you have time to drive around?...I know I do not...

Downsides? Repair costs on the mobile home are pretty high...trailers are much lower in repair costs and tags. You will almost certainly be working all your weekends at trade shows so that's to be considered...For us? We value our weekends outside the business and guard them with extreme prejudice. Gotta have someplace secure to park that beast so figure that cost in if you don't have room on your property.

I have heard of the idea and even seen it implemented...I never hear from the guy anymore so he is either too busy to call me? Or he went out of business...But it would be more of a "Carny" lifestyle and that can be pretty tough to do...I know groups of guys who live like this and they love it...for those of us who like to be at one place? It's not an option...

My 2 cents...
    Your 2 cents worth back, I know I am a Redneck, but where do you get the idea that I will be using a Mobile Home for this? I have better sence than that, must be cause you are a Cajun Coonass, lol, Might be wrong on that part. To let you know Jim, there are no rules or regulations on what I am wanting to do with this,.
    And will not be parking it inside a show or other, will be outside. I have plenty of room to park it when not using it to promote my venture, I have 5 1/2 acrea's of land, you think that is enough?
    I dont understand about the "Carny" lifestyle, To each his own, I enjoy what I do regardless if it on the weekends or not.
    At least I dont drink Corna while making a film, lol, not my style, but to each his own,lol. mayb that is how you get your work, but dont do nothing for me,
    You make it sound like I dont know what I am trying to do and haven't checked out al lthe I's and Dots? lol, I am alittle smarter than what you say here, But like you say it is your 2 cents, nothing wrong with that, Have a good day. I apreciate what you say, but give me some slack, guess I will not be posting anything else about this matter anymore.
    Wow...I know your having a bad day and all but that was uncalled for...I never insulted or even called out anyone...especially you Ray...I was nearly pointing out what I see as the upsides or the downsides to the idea...and I never said you planned or even mentioned a motor home...nor did I call you a Carny...it was the lifestyle and I know because I talked to Brent who did this type of traveling about the upsides and downsides...he used the term “Carny Lifestyle”...from no on I will use the term “Nomad” unless you are offended by that also?

The guy i know that did this was located in Florida and he used a mobile home...which I thought wasn’t a bad idea but I was just using a point of reference that there was more than one way to go mobile...sorry for pointing that out to EVERYONE else...

Cajun Coonass? That was totally uncalled for brother...and I am not going to indulge that childish rant with any kind of retort...I will not stoop to insulting someone without a reason...my “coonass” will not stoop to your level...

You are wrong about rules and regulations...you go to any trade show and there are ALWAYS rules and regulations...they give you a list of them when you register and I am POSITIVE they would be concerned with the spraying of chemicals while a unprotected crowd is milling around in close proximity.
    As for local ordinances? That’s what a “License” is and if they ever pull you over to check yours? If you choose to fly under the wire? Hey go for it...I would advise against it but it’s not like you give a rats butt about what I think.

As for the beer? Pfft someone would fine something to find about any beer I drank...that’s why they have commercials...I really could not care any less about what you think of my beer choice...funny how I have never shot a video bashing someone else’s choice of beer but you feel that is your choice? Go ahead and bash away...

The point that you missed was that my positive and negative was not pointed at you in any way...it was in general based on what others have tried in the past...what they gave me as feedback...and I typed it in a manner that did not call you out in any way shape or form...you just took it that way and choose to be insultive...

Normally I start out with an apology to the guy I offended when something like this goes down...but since you have chosen to be insulting (for no reason I might add) I am just going to refrain from that...you take that crap back to FaceBook where guys like you are more welcome and are a better fit...as for banning you? Probably be better if you just took your crappy attitude and just got lost...This forum has no use for anyone with your kind of attitude and insults. We are all here to give each other a hand and you obviously are not worthy of the kind of friendship and comradary that I started this forum for...

In short...don’t let the door hit you on the way out...
    so you telling me I am not welcome on here no more? To put it there, I am a Coonass also, I wass born and raied in Sulphur,La. so no biggie there. I was only relying to what you said to me, sorry you took it the wrong way.
    Well it was nice, ypu might want to re read your post as I thought it wass directed towards me.
    Pronoun trouble...you can be taken 2 ways...you as is you thought I was talking to you? And you as in the general public...which is who I was really talking to...

you
    yo͞o,yə/Submit
    pronoun
    used to refer to the person or people that the speaker is addressing.
    "are you listening?"
    used to refer to any person in general.
    "after a while, you get used to it"
    Thanks Jim
    Was not trying to be trouble here or start any, just mis understood who you were talking too, my bad
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Sounded like a pretty fair and helpful response stating pros and cons. Nothing really offensive toward what you're wanting to try. There has been much, much more blatant, dry, and downright blunt advice given by many of us (myself included). Take it for what it is. Free advice on a free forum from guys who do this process professionally.

Also, as far as the regulations go... There most certainly would be. You're wanting to put a paint booth for spraying harsh chemicals in a road-approved vehicle. Has to be some law regarding even hauling the paint you're going to need. For on-the-spot colors you'll likely need a mixing bank. Or let them pick from a standard set (also not a bad idea to limit what you must carry). But look into paints like Aqualac or Hydro Solutions. Both are designed for the process and water based (no VOC's) so it will be much safer. Your topcoat and primers will be your main issues there, but a gallon of matte clear, gallon of gloss clear, gallon of adhesion promoter, gallon of primer, gallon of activator and you should be all set for an entire show.
    I was planning on using spray bombs for such applications and already have a legit and legal spraybooth that is to be used and was approved by OSHA in my area, Yes there is a long ways to go with what I am wanting to do, but all in time, and it may not happen, who knows, Thank you for your advise as well as Jim's even I took it the wrong way
    Nice! My concern would be fire codes. My booth has to be 3ft from anything. Including electrical and block walls. Just something to think about.
    Mine will be 2ft away from the ttrailer walls, which is fireproof using concrete backing board and rockwool insulation that will withstand 35oo degrees of heat, also an onboard dry sprinker syatem around the spray boot. including the foor
    To give you an idea of what is going onboard and in the rear of the truck that will be pulling it, A new 2018 Nissan Titan long bed truck [diesel] 4 55 gal. plastic water tanks in bed to hold water to supply dipping tank and to pump back into the tanks after the use. In the trailer in top of gooseneck will be a generator for power and an electric water heater that will be enclosed in a fire proof box, and the electrical supply will be either by generator or Solar power.
    Also will have a blasing cabinet to use to clean certain parts, also a 5ft x 8 ft dipping tank and another tank that will be used for rinsing, but not as deep as the dipping tank. A metal fireproof storage container for my paint and other chemicals to spray and it has the sprinkler around it also, mater of fact the whole inside of the trailer in sprinkler installed.
    Will have an onboard oven to dry paint, clearcoats and other stuff. Thinking of using the rockwool inside the whole trailer to make it safe and fireproof. and to meet OSHA requirements in what I am doing.
    Pricey...I hope that it pays off...
    Yes it is JIM and hope it does payoff, been selling lot of things to help pay for it
    Awesome! Keep us updated!