Desk Top Tank Build

UptonSpoonUptonSpoon Posts: 554Member ✭✭✭
Hi all, As the title says I am looking into a small desk top tank build and wondered if anyone had done one please?
No I don't mean a plastic tub from wall mart that you empty when not in use but a properly built tank in a smmaller size, say 24 x 16 x 16 for ease and speed in doing smaller parts.
I appreciate I could buy a professionally built model but would prefer a home build.
Anyone with ideas or done such a build please?

Comments

• schidroschidro Posts: 373Member ✭✭✭
    Have you seen the one that @kansashydro uses to show the pattern of the week? I think that's a pretty small one. 
  • UptonSpoonUptonSpoon Posts: 554Member ✭✭✭
    schidro said:

Have you seen the one that @kansashydro uses to show the pattern of the week? I think that's a pretty small one. 

Yes thanks, but as I posted. I am not looking to buy but build.

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,403Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Haven't seen one, but doesn't sound too hard. For sure just use an aquarium heater. McMaster-Carr sells polyethylene totes you can slam a divider in. Small pump that you draw out low and return at water level should replace a spraybar.

$221.15 Each
    3754K86
    Capacity 27 gal.
    Width 34 1/2"
    Depth 16 1/2"
    Height 20"
    Thickness 1/4"
    Material Polyethylene Plastic
    Graduated No
    With Handle No
    Includes Lid
    Lid Material Polyethylene Plastic
    Lid Type Loose Fitting
    Maximum Temperature 140° F
    Features Seamless
    Color White
    Clarity Semi-Clear
  • UptonSpoonUptonSpoon Posts: 554Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you, we dont have that company in the UK but you have given me a start. I would rather use a snib nosed heater element but experimentaion is half the fun of building.