Positive or negative pressure? — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Positive or negative pressure?

bdipshydrobdipshydro Posts: 49Member
  I'm trying to find information out about positive or negative pressure paint booths I tried looking and I know I've seen it in here somewhere. can somebody point me in the right direction or send me a link to these posts. I'm not looking to build my own I plan on purchasing one so I'm not sure if they're all the same or if there's a certain one That I should look at getting.  Also what is everybody else using as far as positive and negative paint booths ? Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Itchin2DipItchin2Dip Posts: 228Member ✭✭✭
    should be negative to my knowledge
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,460Administrator El Jefe

should be negative to my knowledge

This...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,665Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Negative, running positive pushes your overspray out every crevice and lands on EVERY surface in your shop...
  • shredshred Posts: 108Member ✭✭✭
    I prefer positive pressure eliminates sucking in debris for shop if sanding is being done when running paint booth . Doesn't need to be much positive pressure. Also when you go in and out of door air is being pushed out instead of sucked in (unless you got a exhaust shutoff switch at door)
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,702Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Just need your door by your exhaust so when you enter/exit any dust isn't pulled over your parts. As long as the booth is sealed and filtered properly, you should be sucking unfiltered air from your shop. Only through the filters.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,665Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yeah, typically the oldest booths we had ran positive for those same reasons. So a crappy shop ended up looking even crappier. When I installed new booths, I sealed them well. Problem solved
  • bdipshydrobdipshydro Posts: 49Member
    Thank you all for you input. The door by the exhaust is a great idea. You guys are a life saver..