Tank 2.0 ... back after 6 years — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tank 2.0 ... back after 6 years

whitertwhitert Posts: 42Member ✭✭
edited January 2017 in DIY Tanks
Since is I know you guys LOVE DIY tanks here is a small one I concocted over 5 years ago. I have since adjusted the water pressure down but got it up to temp today. There is a sump underneath with the pump. Heaters were custom made for the tank. I have a specific use before I get the it's too small comments LOL.

Also made a cover
today :)

Any critique is welcome.

Todd
Post edited by whitert on

Comments

• onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,706Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Todd - it does look like it belongs in a commercial kitchen however
  • Itchin2DipItchin2Dip Posts: 228Member ✭✭✭
    so whatcha dippin?
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,066Administrator El Jefe

so whatcha dippin?

Calamari...
  • whitertwhitert Posts: 42Member ✭✭
    It was actually kinda designed the same as a dip tank - it was an ultrasonic cleaning tank. And I am the north american distributor for Pazzo Racing Levers (motorcycle levers) .... I originally set all this up to do some custom things never before seen on a motorcycle lever, hydrographics was the avenue for that. I moved into a new warehouse shortly after getting this all setup and it just sat in moth balls. Unfortunately business was quite slow last year and so I figured it was a good time to maybe try to revive some sales with my original plan :)

JJ from OHW is getting me setup with paint and some guns. Hopefully, as soon as the pass through reno is clear I can go pick up my booth and get the show on the road.

How these guys get started for 200 bux in an igloo cooler I will never know, this takes a small fortune to setup on a small scale. The guys who setup a massive shop off the get, props for that.
    whitert said:

It was actually kinda designed the same as a dip tank - it was an ultrasonic cleaning tank. And I am the north american distributor for Pazzo Racing Levers (motorcycle levers) .... I originally set all this up to do some custom things never before seen on a motorcycle lever, hydrographics was the avenue for that. I moved into a new warehouse shortly after getting this all setup and it just sat in moth balls. Unfortunately business was quite slow last year and so I figured it was a good time to maybe try to revive some sales with my original plan :)

JJ from OHW is getting me setup with paint and some guns. Hopefully, as soon as the pass through reno is clear I can go pick up my booth and get the show on the road.

How these guys get started for 200 bux in an igloo cooler I will never know, this takes a small fortune to setup on a small scale. The guys who setup a massive shop off the get, props for that.

Hey, I remember you now...good to see you again Todd...glad you have hung in there my ninja...and yes it takes a rather large fortune to get a large operation off the ground...ask me how I know?...
    edited January 2017
    Thanks Jim - Its been up and down but gotta roll with the punches and keep going as best we can :) ..... I told you it has been quite a long time lol. And I saw your new shop video, luckily you have a solid customer base and are very good at what you do so an investment like that just made sense. This is all a big guess/gamble for me but willing to give it a shot. I am up north about 90 mins from Reno along I-80 or Tahoe from the 50 side, at some point I really would like to come down and do a training session with you. I feel like everything I learned and got the grasp of 6 years ago I can just throw that out the window and start over :-/ ... this industry has done a complete 180 in a relatively short time.
    Things and products have definitely changed...come on down when you can...love to meet you and have a cold one...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

Things and products have definitely changed...come on down when you can...love to meet you and have a cold one...

Don't let him fool you... he's never had a cold "one" in his life... unless we're talking about cases.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,189Member, Moderator El Moderator

Don't let him fool you... he's never had a cold "one" in his life... unless we're talking about cases.
    Or a keg.

Oh I had your mom once or twice...
    Let's get off moms......since I just got off yours! LOL .... cheesiest one I know sorry :)
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,165Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    She mentioned you were cold... 
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,189Member, Moderator El Moderator

She mentioned you were cold... 

No, she said "old".
    She couldn't say anything...her mouth was full...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,165Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    ...of vomit

Yea she has a hard time swallowing...