K2 New Shop Walk Around — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

K2 New Shop Walk Around

K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,137Administrator El Jefe

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,230Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Looks great Jim. Good Job!
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,689Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great but you need more room lol
  • PTC_HydroGraphXPTC_HydroGraphX Posts: 1,107Member ✭✭✭✭
    Corona's back! Shop looks great Jim! We will be down soon for a tour!!
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,710Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    looks great hope you enjoy new shop
  • AlanAlan Posts: 192Member ✭✭✭
    Looks fantastic, well done!
  • esoutfittersesoutfitters Posts: 283Member ✭✭✭
    Looks like a well thought out plan came together. Looks great.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,137Administrator El Jefe
    looch said:

Looks great but you need more room lol

Real estate is expensive down here in So Cal...but if we ever get to where we need to expand? The owners will be glad to lease me another rental unit...until then we run lean and mean...
  • whitertwhitert Posts: 42Member ✭✭
    Nothing about that sucks. Nice!
  • 2Kreate2Kreate Posts: 283Member ✭✭✭
    Very nice layout!  Nice, clean, and organized.  Can definitely tell there was a ton of pre planning and thought that went into this layout.  I love it! Looks amazing Jim 
  • TheHanzoTheHanzo Posts: 75Member ✭✭
    Man thanks for the tour shop is awesome
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,783Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that air line loop (radiator) you created.

I couldn't tell, do you also run a compressed Air Dryer?

smedlin said:

I like that air line loop (radiator) you created.

I couldn't tell, do you also run a compressed Air Dryer?

We have line dryers at every drop...that's what the CT30 Dryers are...5 stage desiccant dryer systems...
  • RadicalSideHydroRadicalSideHydro Posts: 588Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Very nice shop Jim. I noticed at the end of the video you have a portable fan i call them swamp coolers how do you like it i just picked up five of them 3 medium ones and 2 smaller ones and one of the big porta cool ones super cheap just havent had to run water through them yet i imagine it will increas the humidity but we care closing off our dipp and rinse area before summer .
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 944Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭

Very nice. Jim.. well thought out and great lay out. Bet your happy that it's 99.9% done, lots of work..excellent job very impressive.

Very nice shop Jim. I noticed at the end of the video you have a portable fan i call them swamp coolers how do you like it i just picked up five of them 3 medium ones and 2 smaller ones and one of the big porta cool ones super cheap just havent had to run water through them yet i imagine it will increas the humidity but we care closing off our dipp and rinse area before summer .

They work ok as long as the humidity stays down or the outside air temperature doesn't get above 115...If the humidity is too high then the air won't accept any more humidity added...therefore turning your discharge air into just the same temperature as it went in...all you get is air movement across your skin for the comfort...and that's not much so you just shut down the pump and leave the fan running. If the entering air temperature is too high? You won't get a temperature drop across the "media"...the air is simply too hot to get any cooling effect from this type of application...so you just get 115 degree air coming out of the thing...so then again? Turn the pump off and just circulate the air as best you can...

Now before any of your mental midgets get any bright ideas about pumping "pre-cooled" humidified air into your shop using 1 cooler and then having it run through ANOTHER cooler? MANY a foolish person has tried that and all you do is pump pre saturated air into another pump to try and saturate it with humidity a second time resulting in a "hydro swamp"...and it's not pretty...

I love telling those geniuses "I told you so"...but it never fails...once a year some fool calls me up and asks what I think about that "great idea" no one has ever thought of before... :lol:
  • whitertwhitert Posts: 42Member ✭✭
    Hey back when I first started all the rage was SOLO from SW :-D
    SOLO was a better paint than Rustoleum...and I painted 14,000 Xbox Controllers a year with that stuff so I know... :lol:
  • t_ozt_oz Posts: 100Member ✭✭
    @K2Concepts ....So you can run a fresh air hood off of the CT-30 also?
    @t_oz Yes of course...
    @K2Concepts, I ask because I would think it would mess with air pressure to the gun also even with splitting it after the CT
    @t_oz That is the way SATA designed the fresh air hoods so no...it does not mess with the air pressure on the guns...here are a couple of pictures for your reference...

Thank you @k2concepts. I will look into this set up more.
  • HomeTownHydroHomeTownHydro Posts: 90Member
    Awesome place Jim really good video.
  • TroubleTrouble Posts: 332Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    @K2Concepts Nice place. What size is the building. We were in the planning phase of a new place my barn is too small.
    Post edited by Trouble on
    @Trouble They say 1500 square feet but I think it's 1450...